I was asked to design a POC of a real estate app to allow users to figure out how much their real estate properties are worth.
Real estate represents uncharted waters to me. I started to benchmark some websites and apps to have more than a gut feeling in terms of visual languages, interaction patterns and UX best practices applied to this industry.
Results of the first design loop
- A light and straightforward experience to quickly figure out how much a real estate property is worth
- Collect user data such as the whereabouts of the real estate properties
- Onboard users and start creating trust and loyalty
- Design a mobile-first approach based user journey focused on the target audience
- Create a POC as a pillar to quickly iterate with developers and the other teams involved to create a low-risk environment to allow changes on the fly
- Short timeline
- I used Sketch for the high-fidelity design
- I used InVision for creating a clickable prototype to test with friends and family and to collect comments